Friday, January 1, 2010

The Danish "julefrokost"

I know it's the new year (Happy 2010!!!), but I've got some catching up to do to post on all of our holiday adventures...

Each year I try my best to share the significance of holiday parties in Denmark, but I always feel like I can't quite articulate the true meaning (unless I were to ramble on and on, as I'm sometimes known to do!) I found this article shortly after our annual Danish holiday party, and there was a lot of truth to it "Only the Strong Survive Julefrost." I think both my Danish and American friends and family would get a kick out of this article, please comment if you want to add something to the topic.













PS Yes, Kevin did dress Makenna in her "Life's better with Boobs" shirt, instead of the "Santa's Helper" one I was planning on...

PPS And yes, I did enjoy my share of Akvavit, brought by my host brother Niels from Sweden this past fall, Tusind Tak!

PPS Next year I want to get the kids decked out in little nissehue, does anyone have a sewing pattern for some?

1 comment:

  1. Hej Darcy! Rigtig fin hjemmeside I har lavet, og søde billeder af ungerne! Mon ikke min mor kan finde et mønster på en nissehue?! Ellers burde man kunne sy en uden, hvis man ellers kan finde ud af sådan noget! Ellers kan vi da købe nogle nissehuer til jer næste jul og sende til jer, hvis I ikke kan finde dem i USA?! :o) Kram fra Signe.

    ReplyDelete