Saturday, February 14, 2009

Thankful!!!


Having a new baby renews my gratefulness and reminds me of just how much our family is really loved. Our fireplace mantle is now covered in greeting cards with well wishes from family, co-workers and friends (some from Kieran's Birthday too :-), and surprise packages arrive in the mail almost daily. We have also been lavished with some really yummy meals that our friends and neighbors have dropped by...pulled pork, tortilla soup, salmon & fixings, enchiladas...boy we have been eating well lately. There isn't anything much better than a hearty meal delivered by a friend, I'd take it over a gourmet restaurant any day!

Today, on Valentine's Day, I am also thankful for getting to sleep in this morning and wake up to Kevin making my favorite challah french toast, and then after swim class I managed to nap for almost two hours while Kieran and Makenna napped too...a new Mom's ideal gift!
My mother also came up for the weekend, so Kevin and I (and Makenna) will soon be heading off to a matinee and Kieran on a playdate at OMSI. We may not have chocolates or flowers at our house, but you can certainly feel the love!

And just because I can't help it, I'll close with a few new photos of our little cherubs:



Posted by Picasa

3 comments: