Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Life's a day on the beach...and then it's not!

We are true beach people, so we were thrilled to get out of town on Friday for our first beach trip as a family of four. It was in the high 50s and felt more like late spring than winter. Kieran ripped off his shoes and socks as soon as we hit sand, and I was just glad that it was warm enough to let him enjoy the delightful feel of sand between your toes. Kevin combed the beach to add special rocks and shells to a collection bowl we have at home. Makenna and I parked it on a large driftwood log and basked in the sunshine. She was a great little traveler and we only had to stop twice to nurse on the way home...that's her big feeding time! This little video clip should give you a more in-person view of our little beauty and a glimpse of what a lovely day we had together.



Now skip forward a few days, and Kieran and I have both down and out with 102 degree fevers, and I just got a call from our family doctor to confirm that it's the flu. Needless to say, we've been pretty miserable, and I was glad that at least he woke up this morning saying that he felt better...that might give me hope too, since his fever hit a day before mine. Thankfully, little Makenna is still healthy and I'm just praying that stays healthy.

It just reminds me to savor all the beautiful days, because it makes it easier to get through the tough days.

1 comment:

  1. Awww! What a fabulous treat - a gift of home!

    My internet connection here in Bujumbura allowed me to watch - if ever so choppy - a piece of home. Looks like an incredible day. It has been far too long since I've made it to the Oregon coast. We'll have to take a trip out there when I make it out of Africa.

    Love you,

    Miel

    ReplyDelete