Saturday, May 14, 2011

So good to be back home!

It feels so good to be back home...so glad it's a 'flex' weekend...never needed a three day weekend more! Yesterday we ordered a whole unit of garden mulch, and we've been planting and hauling compost all over the yard. If we weren't busy enough at home, we all went to a ribbon cutting/volunteer event at Zenger Farm for a community livability grant that Kevin had awarded to the project. Makenna and I planted sunflowers (OK really only 3 before she got hungry/distracted!), while Kier and Kev painted the barn shed red/white.

Then this evening was spent goes through the box of bequeathed belongings from Grandpa Wally. Honestly, it was a bit like an early Christmas, since the kids got set of Lincoln Logs, a jar full of marbles, a red boa, and of course a couple of guitars. We had a family sing-along, which reminds me to share that Kieran is becoming quite the lyricist...

Here's lyrics to Kier's first two songs (roughly):

"The sun will always be here...the moon will always be here...my parents will always be here...I love the sun...I love the moon...I love my parents."

"Veggies grow in the dirt...I eat veggies, but not the dirt...flowers grow in the dirt...I eat some flowers, but not the dirt!"

Only hoping that we'll have the pleasure of more lyrics like these to come...so good to be back home!














Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment