Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Back to "School"...Back to Work

Makenna and Kieran had their first day at CityKids, the childcare and preschool center in my building. While it will be a transition for us all, we definitely think that it will be best for the kids and our family. It was so nice being able to nurse Makenna on breaks today!

Kieran was super excited about starting at his new "school," and last night when he picked out his clothes, he told me "Mommy, I want to look like a really nice boy, not a mean one!" I wish I had a photo, because he did look pretty darn sweet. When I visited Kieran in the morning, he told me "Mom, go back to work!" I also overheard him telling an administrative staff person "My name's Kieran, nice to meet you!" Another teacher told me that at one point he her the babies out in the common area, and he told the class "That's my baby sister crying." In the evening, he didn't really want to leave the climbing wall and other kids bouncing balls, but going on the bus is still enticing enough to lure him away.

In addition to a new school, I'm back to a full-time schedule. I'm also switching to a flex schedule, so I'll be working an extra hour to get every other Friday off (we had been spending that time commuting before, so the kids are still in care the same amount of time.) It's still a long day though...up at 5:45, walk the dog, get dressed, breakfast, out the door by 7 to catch the bus, back home by 5:45, make dinner, eat, clean up, play for a little bit and then off the bath and bed...oh and prep for the next day. Needless to say, our full-time schedule will take a lot of stamina. Don't worry, we'll still have fun along the way (although, Kevin's home sick today, so that has forced me to go to plan B on some things...like schlepping all four bags, and making mac n' cheese and tomato soup instead of steak fajitas) But if we can flow with the change, we'll continue to learn and grow together from our everyday adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment