Thursday, August 27, 2009

Great Grandma and Papa Mackie's visit (slightly belated post)

Summer is cruising by, and it's already been a few weeks since my grandparents came to visit us, but I still want to share some photos and short stories:

Makenna was all eyes on her Great Grandma Mackie and Kieran loved talking with Great Papa Mackie non-stop. He also loved being read to, and thankfully they brought him a new favorite book about a little bear cub who was saved in a forest fire in Northern California last summer, entitled Saving Lil' Smokie. He was spoiled by us reading it to him about a dozen times a day! Kiki was well-loved too, as Grandma Mackie reminisced about the black lab my Dad had growing up.

Kevin and I also enjoyed the relaxing visit, just sharing each other's company and hanging out...finally a weekend home without projects or errands. :-) Grandma Mackie and I also bonded over a steam mop of all things...they wanted to buy us a belated house warming gift, and I have been wanting a new mop. She shared about her favorite cleaning weapon, The Shark, and after watching the video online, I was sold. It works really great, especially with all the new dog hair and slobber...just in time since, Makenna is crawling now...hope to post a video this weekend!





These smiles say everything! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Mackie!

No comments:

Post a Comment